Welcome to North Dakota Music Teachers Association
NDMTA seeks to raise standards of music teaching and performance in the state, to cultivate fraternal relations among members of the profession, to support members in all matters pertaining to their profession, to develop productive relationships with schools and community organizations, and to promote accreditation for qualified music teachers in North Dakota.
NDMTA promotes state, division, and national meetings and conferences; sponsors competitions at local and state levels for students from elementary through college levels; certifies private music teachers; participates in the MTNA Commissioned Composer program; bestows a Service to the Profession award; and sponsors workshops by outstanding artist-teachers.
NDMTA has nine local associations throughout North Dakota and is affiliated with the Music Teachers National Association (MTNA).
NDMTA and MTNA Teacher Opportunities
- Local, state and national workshops, master classes, conferences and regular meetings with other music teachers
- Leadership opportunities at the local, state and national levels
- State Teacher Certification Program and MTNA Certification Program
- Teacher Enrichment Grants through the MTNA Foundation
- State newsletters, handbook/directory, and national professional publications
- Independent Music Teachers Forum
- Teaching CD/DVD Lending Library
- Performance adjudication and theory testing through the NDMTA Music Rally system for elementary through high school levels.
- State (Popplers Music) performance competitions for elementary through college level and national (MTNA) performance competitions for junior high through college levels
- National composition competition for elementary through college levels
- Local association scholarship opportunities
- Performance opportunities through recitals, master classes and ensemble festivals
NDMTA subscribes to the MTNA Code of Ethics in the commitment to our students, colleagues and community and profession.